iMovie Trailers: Made Monday But Tried Tuesday--Double Link Up

24 June 2013
I'm doing a double link up with the Fourth Grade Flipper and 4th Grade Frolics.
Let's do this...
                            

On Friday we took our girls and nephew to see Monsters University (go see it, fyi).  On the way back my oldest said "lets make a movie when we get home".

Well...dad is a master filmmaker so we made SUPER KID COUSINS
by trying iMovie Trailers on the iPad.

WATCH IT BELOW
(ignore my writing error and just look at the camera work..wink-wink)


iMovie has a built in feature to create minute long trailers 
and you can almost customize it exactly how you would like.  

It also has a story board feature that tells what shots you should be using and more.
You can also make custom edits, change timing, add in your own text


This is the storyboard feature.  
Just click on scenes and then hit record.  
It is that simple...I swear.


The program is really simple and easy to use.  
This video took about 45 minutes to make including the filming and editing... 
AND workin' with child actors all under 7.


This past year a fourth grade teacher and I worked together on having students take their fantasy stories and create a trailer for them.  How cool is that?!  The kid's videos turned out great and CREATED ENTIRELY by students .  Students then presented them at the end of the year to their parents.

The other great thing is that iMovie can be uploaded directly to YouTube or Vimeo (my choice).  Plus you can put restrictions on who can/can't see the movie.  Lock it Down!


AAAAAARRRRRRR! ASSEMBLE!

Also, If you're still in the mood for superhero-type things I just MADE a FREEBIE for understanding/identifying Fact or Opinion.

There are 20 task cards in all (and free).


I used parts from all six movies.  
A lot of the questions are funny and filled with THE FORCE.
I love them.  I showed a friend of mine who teaches 5th grade---he wants a copy.






12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! The movie is great, and the pic of them in costumes is priceless! Thanks so much for sharing some how tos as well.

    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video cracked me up! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with iMovie. The last project I created using it gave me a HEADACHE. Hopefully this will help!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love iMovie! This spring we took a field trip to the Apple Store, and 3 Apple people did a free 90 minute class for my students (3rg-5th graders) on the features of iMovie. After being introduced to it, my kids flew with it! Thanks for the great idea. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your video. Our math consultant made a movie trailer with my class to show that math problem solving was not scary - it was super cool. Love that regret pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! I know your kids and students love hanging out with you!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Now I really want an ipad! I'm your newest follower on bloglovin. Would love to have you come by and visit. www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never used iMovie to make a trailer! I know you said you made it on the iPad but would this feature show up on my MacBook? So cool!! Your video was hysterical! Thanks for the freebie task cards too!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star Wars task cards are awesome!!
    http://fintasticfourthgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know that you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top