Five for Friday time! It has been a couple of weeks, but there has been some pretty cool things happening to me and around school. Let's get right too it!
1. On Wednesday morning I had the opportunity to meet with the Gates Foundation and discuss how teachers use/implement social media for themselves and interact with other teachers. I was flown to New York City (first time there), had my meeting, then toured lower Manhattan. I saw the World Trade site and more. My goodness--what a whirlwind of 24 hours. I'll write more on this later but here are two of my favorite shots I took of the city.
3. Using Banagrams with struggling readers is just plain fun and great for them. I've used this game for a while, but seeing the light bulbs turn on when a kid is creating words is so refreshing. I don't think I've ever actually played this game the correct way because I always change rules and games depending on student's learning level. It is just a great tool.
1. In a couple of Thursdays (10/24) I'm going to start a three part Linky (or Link-Up). Save the Date! The idea is Hidden Gems in the Classroom and focuses on three areas:
- Power Aide: The unsung heroes and their impact on class. 10/24
- Outside the Box: Innovative teaching ideas and lessons no one saw coming. 11/7
- Greatest $%*!! Mistake: Mistakes can become the greatest lessons ever. 11/21
These are three areas that I feel have hugely positive impacts in the classroom and I think we've got tons of stories and ideas that should be shared. So come on over and link-up. You'll be glad you did.
That's it! What a week! Now I've got a race to run.
Another great link-up by Doodle Bugs Teaching.
Check out all the other great sites linking up!
Have a great one!