Toontastic, Making Cartoons Never Felt This Good

19 June 2014

Toontastic is one of those apps that continues to get better with age.  With each update comes improvements and more functionality for students (and my own kids) to use their creativity and imagination to tell stories through the power of animation.  

If your unfamiliar with the app, Toontastic, I'd suggest you take a couple of moments and download the free version.  The program is extremely easy to use, fun to play, and it packs a lot of extras that users will enjoy.  There are a ton of characters, locations, and scenes to shoot with while creating a fun story (in whatever way you feel).

Tontastic can be used in conjunction with the classroom by allowing students to create stories the generating ideas, creating a story outline (with the help of the app and/or even before that), filming/animating, and sharing with audiences.  The depth of each creation lies within each student's own persistence.

Now I could diligently sit here and type up instructions for how to use it, but that takes out some of the fun of exploring.  Instead I'm sharing a video that my girls and I made on    Father's Day.  

We used the talk show scene which has a title called "way past my bedtime".  This seemed perfect since my girls have been known to sneak iDevices into bed and stay up way their bedtime watching Netflix or playing Minecraft.

This is my first Technology Thursday link-up with the Teaching Trio.  I have a feeling I'll be doing this a little more often too.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed seeing this app in action.  I've got a parting gift for you too...





    
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top