Tried & Made: Action Figure Lamps

28 July 2015

                            
Today is a mix-up of Monday Made It and Tried It Tuesday. Why? Because I tried and made a craft which I kind of like. The idea comes from my friend, Alison, over at Rockin & Lovin' Learnin'.  She sent me a YouTube video on how to repurpose old lamps and turn them into ACTION FIGURE LAMPS (see it below).  She said I'd be a fool if I didn't do it.  She was right.

This was an incredibly easy craft and the total time took me less than an hour (I know).  And I didn't have to bedazzle anything...but I still could.


SUPPLIES:
-A plain old lamp.  You probably have one from IKEA laying around.
-Hot Glue Gun
-Paint Tape (to cover edges and cord)
-Toys
-Spray paint (color don't matter)

McDonalds toys are excellent choices.  Just check in that Happy Meal you just got.  My girls play with just about everything, so I picked a couple of action figures they wouldn't miss.  Side Note: I okayed it with them first.

I started like this.  Very simple. Pretty boring.
The key (for me) was to start with the big ones, and build up.  

Next, just start gluing the toys on.  
Use as much glue as you want.  
It doesn't matter.  Go crazy.
Don't eat the glue.
Seriously.


Once the glue is dried, take it outside to the garage and paint. I put two coats on.  You can do what you want, but two was plenty. As the paint dried you could really begin seeing all the details of the toys.

It does look pretty cool.  Now, I want one for my bedroom.


We had an extra lamp shade at the house, so I added it on top.  I don't know if I'm crazy about it, but it makes the whole ting pop a little more.  Oh look--it's a chevron pattern!


That's it!  Total time of actual work was less than an hour.  Even the gluing was quick and painless. I'm planning on creating a couple of more.  I'd like to try one with stuff animals...because we have 121,346 of those around the house.  I'll keep you updated.

This lamp is headed for my classroom.  Right now, I've got FOUR more like it in my classroom. I plan on updated all of those too.

***Another good idea would be using old school supplies.  I think I'll do that too.***

                      
           
      



BloglovinEmailFacebookPinterestInstagramTPT
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top