20 Kid's Movies From the 80's

05 July 2016
The 1980's might have produced some of the greatest kid-friendly film of all time. Some were completely goofy, others terrifying (Dark Crystal, I'm looking at you), and many are timeless. They weren't all Oscar contenders, but they hold a place in our hearts.  Nostalgia is a power thing.

Quite possibly, the greatest accomplishment of 80's kids films is that they still hold up today (to a point). My own children have become obsessed with them, and it's been a wonderful opportunity to bridge my childhood with my kids.  Everyone needs little Gremlins in their life.

So, here are twenty films to take you back (or to share with your family).  They're in no particular order because it isn't a contest. Yes, some might be bad. Sure, you've completely forgotten about a few.  Many can still be found on Netflix, Amazon Video, and YouTube.  I've included all the movie trailers to help take you back.

1. Goonies

2. Willow

3. Troop Beverly Hills

4. Princess Bride

5. NeverEnding Story

6. Flight of the Navigator

7. Explorers

8. Harry and the Hendersons

9. Pee Wee's Big Adventure

10. Masters of the Universe

11. Adventures In Babysitting

12. Benji the Hunted

13. Space Camp

14. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

15. Follow That Bird

16. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

17. Mac and Me

18. Monster Squad

19. Karate Kid

20. The Last Starfighter

That's it.  I've left off some of the bigger named titles because I needed to get Benji in there (that movie made me cry like a baby as a kid).

Did I miss anything? What was your favorite?





BloglovinEmailFacebookPinterestInstagramTPT

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top