Build A Bat Cave

19 October 2015


Turn your classroom into a bat cave with this simple little activity.


1. Have your students draw bats hanging upside down.
Some bat are huge (flying fox) and some are tiny--so let them pick.

2. Or Google: Hanging Bat Printables, or Bat Printables, or Bat Printable Page, or Realistic Bat Coloring Pages. Print out an acceptable bat.

3. Or purchase a clip art set.  I got mine from Educlips (and I love them).

4. Cut them out...neatly.

5. Hang them upside down from your classroom ceiling, door entrance, or specific area in the room. A tiny bit of tape will do a little work while gravity does the rest.

6. Add some spider webs.  I purchased cave-brown from Target.  
This was a great three dollars spent.

7. Watch out for bat guano.

It seems simple...and it is. 


Need more things bat-related? Check out my PBL unit all about BATS. Find it here.




                            


BloglovinEmailFacebookPinterestInstagramTPT

2 comments:

  1. I used to do this when I taught a bat unit. We even had a bat nursery area in our cave for all the newborn bats. The kids LOVED it!
    Have a great week!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally doing this....love it! Best part...it is parent-teacher conferences this week, which will take place in a bat cave : )

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top