Turn your classroom into a bat cave with this simple little activity.
1. Have your students draw bats hanging upside down.
Some bat are huge (flying fox) and some are tiny--so let them pick.
2. Or Google: Hanging Bat Printables, or Bat Printables, or Bat Printable Page, or Realistic Bat Coloring Pages. Print out an acceptable bat.
3. Or purchase a clip art set. I got mine from Educlips (and I love them).
4. Cut them out...neatly.
5. Hang them upside down from your classroom ceiling, door entrance, or specific area in the room. A tiny bit of tape will do a little work while gravity does the rest.
6. Add some spider webs. I purchased cave-brown from Target.
This was a great three dollars spent.
7. Watch out for bat guano.
It seems simple...and it is.
Need more things bat-related? Check out my PBL unit all about BATS. Find it here.