It is really simple:
- Go to GeoGuessr.com
- You don't even have to log in, just click play.
- See an image from one of Google's camera cars. You can move it around too, but I like to consider that cheating.
- Use the visuals in the photo to predict the location.
- Click on the map with your guess.
- Then see how well you did, or in my case, how poorly you did.
Here's how I scored on the image at the top. Not bad, only 1.5K miles away.
That's it! The game is that simple. You normally have five turns in a game and it can move quickly, which is perfect for all students.
I've taken to love this game for kids and adults because you've got to use your prior knowledge about geography, road types, landscape, and more.
At the bottom of the site where it says "more maps" scroll down to find even more challenges such as a single country, landmarks, cities, and more.
This is a great little game for individuals or whole class and everyone can participate.
Check it out, play, have fun, learn. Just don't lose to your students.